If you maintain a lawn in Arizona, you’ve undoubtedly dealt with grass dying from adverse weather conditions. The record-breaking streak of high temperatures in July certainly made natural lawns nearly impossible to maintain in many parts of Arizona. The Phoenix area’s extreme temperatures require changing grass types from what can grow in colder climates, such as in northern Arizona or in milder winter weather. But guess what does well in ALL weathers? You guessed it, artificial turf.
Synthetic grass is perfect for hot weather, rainy weather, and winter cold due to its resilience against all types of weather. While high summer temperatures can kill grass, artificial turf takes the heat with ease. The synthetic materials won’t turn brown and die, ruining a great-looking landscape. Nor does artificial turf need special care for any weather conditions. Just keep it maintained like normal with light regular cleanings
While dry, freezing winter temperatures drain a lawn of its life force, sapping water and oxygen from the plants and leaving dead spots come spring, artificial turf’s materials are durable and not dependent on oxygen or water. Once spring comes around, your lawn will look as verdant as ever. Here are 5 reasons why artificial turf is the top choice for use in all weather:
- Durability: Artificial turf can withstand harsh weather conditions such as heavy rain, extreme heat, and freezing temperatures without deteriorating, ensuring consistent playability year-round.
- Drainage Efficiency: Specially designed artificial turf systems allow for rapid water drainage, preventing waterlogging and ensuring quick drying, which is crucial for maintaining safe and usable surfaces during wet weather.
- Consistent Surface: Regardless of weather conditions, artificial turf provides a uniform and stable playing surface, reducing the formation of mud, divots, or uneven patches that can affect gameplay on natural grass.
- UV Resistance: High-quality artificial turf is engineered to resist fading and deterioration from prolonged exposure to sunlight, making it suitable for areas with intense sun and preventing color loss over time.
- Low Maintenance: Unlike natural grass that requires constant upkeep, artificial turf needs minimal maintenance in all weather conditions, reducing the need for mowing, fertilizing, and watering, which can be challenging during adverse weather.
Compare this to a process of repairing damaged lawn patches from winter up north or reseeding for the Valley’s blistering summer and mild winter. It’s a night-and-day difference that will save you countless hours of work and result in a better-looking landscape for your customers.
At Arizona Turf Depot, we’re here when you’re ready to switch your landscaping clients over to artificial turf. We’ve got wholesale quantities of turf types to suit all customers’ budgets and needs.
Visit or call Arizona Turf Depot at our West Valley showroom, 14131 N. Rio Vista Blvd., Suite 9, Peoria, AZ 85381 (623) 388-3389, or contact us at our Mesa location, 7645 E. Ray Road, Suite 101, Mesa, AZ 85212, (480) 690-5591. Our experienced team is happy to help you find the right synthetic grass for your needs.