Building a backyard in Arizona for your kids to play in requires detailed planning. There are several criteria to consider, including what kind of play equipment to install, whether there will be a place for a kiddie pool or an installed pool, or what kind of plants are kid friendly. Lantana, for example, can cause skin rashes with direct exposure.
With these ideas in mind, synthetic grass is an excellent option for a kid-friendly backyard, or for a designated play area. Some advantages:
- Children with grass allergies will have a great place to enjoy the outdoors without risk of sneezing and hives.
- Artificial turf requires little maintenance.
- There won’t be unsightly, muddy areas under the swings, slides and other play equipment.
- Homeowners can save money on water bills.
- There’s no need to have routine yard maintenance because there’s no weeding or mowing, just spraying off artificial gras with water as needed to keep it clean.
- Artificial grass is naturally bug resistant.
- Play areas are in excellent condition year-round.
- There is no need for seasonal grass re-seeding.
- Artificial grass is made for durability, so it can stand up to constant use.
- Drainage is built into the design with artificial grass.
The next step is deciding how synthetic turf will be used in the landscape design. Artificial turf can be used in conjunction with rocks, grass, desert-scaping, rubber chips, and pavers to create a dynamic kid-friendly area. If the space is for young children, keep in mind that they will grow over the years. Create a place that can change with their growth and development.
Consider having different areas for different activities, such as an outdoor table for craft projects. Add a climbing wall or slide to an active zone, and a playhouse for imaginative play. Bring the outside in by adding artificial grass to a covered patio, or a converted garage to create an indoor play area. Turf’s soft plastic material gives children an inviting place to play, and the low maintenance ensures families will have more time together.
For residential communities that share play spaces, artificial grass can be used for large play structures, as well. The same benefits apply in keeping water and maintenance costs low, while providing a year-round kid-friendly environment.
Learn more about the using artificial for children’s play areas by talking with our wholesale experts at either of our Valley showrooms.
Visit or call Arizona Turf Depot at our West Valley showroom, 14131 N. Rio Vista Blvd., Suite 9, Peoria, AZ 85381 (623) 388-3389, or contact us at our Mesa location, 7645 E. Ray Road, Suite 101, Mesa, AZ 85212, (480) 690-5591. Our experienced team is happy to help you find the right synthetic grass for your needs. call!